Our philosophy is based upon the Word of God. The primary objective and purpose of the academy is to train scholars in the way of life presented in the Scriptures while giving them a safe and nurturing learning environment. We seek to develop the whole child by addressing the physical, academic, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of each child.
We use the A Beka curriculum with a developmental age appropriate approach. Opportunities are available for each scholar to experience success and challenge on a daily basis. Teachers will have the opportunity to implement a Christian viewpoint into every area of learning.
To be considered for admission into First Baptist Christian Academy you must do the following:
- The student and parent must meet with an administrator for an interview and tour of the facility.
- If accepted, an enrollment packet and roster fee must be completed and turned in to hold the scholars spot. Spaces are limited, fill up quickly, and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your Admissions Policy?
“FBCA admits students of any race, color, or national origin to all rights, privilege, programs, and activities generally available to others. FBCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national or ethnic origin in the admission procedures, in the administration of its educational policies, or in its hiring practices.”
What is your Attendance Policy?
FBCA ATTENDANCE POLICY
Regular attendance is required for all students enrolled at First Baptist Christian Academy. Excessive absence hinders the scholar’s progress. Sporadic or irregular attendance causes the scholar to lag in academic and spiritual growth, thus endangering academic and spiritual progress. It also makes it difficult for the teacher in conveying the important concepts that need to be taught.
Parents are asked to abide by the following:
- Parents should notify the school office by 8:30am when their child is absent unexpectedly and prearranged notification was not possible. Parents should also forward a note of explanation immediately following the student’s absence.
- An absence from school without a specific written medical or dental note from a doctor will be considered an unexcused absence. Students are entitled to five (5) excused notes from the parent, and not a physician, for a reasonable explanation of absence.
- An absence will be incurred if a scholar is absent for more than three hours.
- Three tardy arrivals will equal one absence.
- All students must arrive to school no later than 8:30am. Car rider begins at 8:05am. Car rider will end at 8:30am. After 8:30am, all students must be walked into the front office and signed in.
- Student pick up is 3pm – 3:20pm each afternoon. Please pick up your child at the proper time. Late charges will apply if this is not followed. Please refer to the student handbook for additional information.
- VPK students must attend 80% of the monthly class time in order for the voucher to fully cover students’ monthly tuition. Fees not covered by ELC due to lack of proper attendance will result in parent being charged for the remaining balance that was not covered by ELC.
All Preschool/VPK children are required to be signed in and out daily regardless of arrival/departure time.
What is your Uniform Policy?
2016-2017 FBCA UNIFORM POLICY
K-6th Grade- Navy or Tan Khaki Uniform type pant; may be cotton, cotton blend or polyester blend. (No joggers, jogging pants, sweat pants, yoga or tight pants). Cargo pants are permitted.
- 7th-12th- Due to the College preparatory environment of our Academy, secondary students will be expected to dress in business casual. Uniform or dress pants and shorts only. (No joggers, jogging pants, sweat pants, yoga or tight pants). Cargo pants and Cargo shorts are NOT permitted.
Skirts, Jumpers, Skorts – Navy or Tan Khaki; may be cotton, cotton blend or polyester blend; must be knee length or longer. (Blouse with collar must be worn under jumper; shorts must be worn under skirts/jumpers. No leggings unless they are worn under appropriate skirt, skort or dress. Color of leggings must be solid Navy, solid White or solid Tan Khaki). Shorts must be worn under skirt on P.E. days.
Shorts – Navy or Tan Khaki; must be knee length or longer for boys and girls, cotton, cotton blend or polyester blend. (No gym shorts). Cargo shorts are permitted.
Shirts - White, Black, Navy Blue, or red plain collared, polo shirts. Shirts must be tucked into pants, shorts or skirts and belts must be worn at all times. (Pre-k thru 2nd grade no belt required.)
Shoes/Sneakers - must be clean and fit securely on feet. Shoes with open toes or backless shoes (including Crocs, flip flops, sandals, mules and slides) will not be allowed. Shoes must be laced, buckled or Velcro strapped. No heelies or rollers. Sneakers must be worn on P.E. days. Scholars not in proper shoes for P.E. days may be sat out due to safety reasons.
Outer Wear - Everyday coats, sweaters, hoodies must be plain (no verbiage or writing) Navy. Coats worn to school that are not navy will be stored in the book box or coat rack. K-6th Grade- Girls may wear white cardigan sweaters.
Undershirts – Any undershirts (i.e. under-armour) worn under uniform shirts and visible must also be White or Navy blue.
9.2.3 Miscellaneous – Boys
• Modesty is the key thought in appearance at FBCA. • If boys wear jewelry, it should be conservative in style. Boys may only wear one necklace, bracelets and/or rubber style band.
• Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
• Only one ring is allowed. • Boys are expected to maintain a conservative, clean looking, tapered haircut. Hair is not to be over the ears or shirt collar and must be above the eyebrows. • Sideburns may only come to the bottom of the earlobe. Boys are expected to be clean-shaven at all times.
• Hair must be natural in color. • Beards and mustaches are not permitted. • Shoes are to be tied in the intended manner.
9.2.4. Miscellaneous - Girls
• Modesty is the key thought in appearance at FBCA. • If girls wear jewelry, it should be conservative in style. Earrings are to be restricted to two in each ear. No other visible piercings allowed. Hoop earrings are not to be greater than one inch in diameter or length.
• No more than two necklaces are to be worn at one time. • No sparkle / glitter type of make-up is permitted. • Shoes must be tied in the intended manner. • Hair must be natural in color.