To be considered for admission into First Baptist Christian Academy you must do the following: the student and parent must meet with an administrator for an interview and tour of the facility.
Applications are accepted for the next school year beginning the month of March for currently enrolled scholars. The month of April begins open enrollment to the public. For each scholar applying, the following must be accomplished:
• Completion of the Enrollment Packet and submission of the Roster Fee.
• A copy of the birth certificate must be on file.
• Age requirements: K4 scholars must be four years old by September 1st, K5 scholars must be five years old by September 1st.
• A transcript from the scholar's prior school: recent grades, standardized test results, IEP/504 plans.
• Family interview.
• Individual scholar interview.
• Scholars in grades 7-12 must express a willingness to attend FBCA and must live in accordance with the spiritual, academic, and behavioral standards of FBCA.
• All new scholars, if accepted, are on an 9-week probationary status.
• Placement testing, as needed (1st grade and up).
• All families must be willing to sign and agree with the Statement of Cooperation.
• Any previous expulsions must be noted to FBCA. FBCA is not a reform school.
If accepted, an enrollment packet and roster fee must be completed and turned in to hold the scholars spot. Spaces are limited, fill up quickly, and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absence Excused (AE): Dr. Note Required, No Academic Penalty, does not count to the Maximum 9
Absence Unexcused (AU): Parent Note Required, No Academic Penalty, counts to the Maximum 9, over 9 student makes up time
Absence Illicit/Skipping (AI): No Parent or Dr. Note, No make-up of Academic work, counts to the Maximum 9, Includes out of school suspension
Tardy (T): 3 tardies equal an unexcused absence
Homebound (HB): Please see later in this section for description of homebound
School Event (SE): This will be used for field trip and athletic events, does not count to the maximum 9, all work must be made up promptly.
In School Suspension (ISS): Work is done in school and does not count toward the maximum 9.
Out of School Suspension (OSS): This will be treated like an Illicit Absence
Students will have one (1) day to make up work for each day missed. Therefore, if a student misses one (1) day, he will have one (1) day after he returns to make up the work. If a student is absent on a day a test is given and had knowledge of the test prior to the absence (or if it was an unannounced quiz), the student should take the test the day he returns. It is the student's responsibility to find out from the classroom teacher what work was missed and to arrange a time to make up the work and the tests when absent for more than one day.
Outer Wear - Everyday coats and sweaters must be plain (no verbiage or writing) navy, white, red or black. Coats worn to school that are not navy will be stored in the book box or coat rack. K-6th Grade- Girls may wear white cardigan sweaters.
Undershirts - Any undershirts (i.e. under-armour) worn under uniform shirts and visible must also be White or Navy blue.
- Modesty is the key thought in appearance at FBCA. If boys wear jewelry, it should be conservative in style.
- Boys may only wear one necklace, bracelets and/or rubber style band.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Only one ring is allowed.
- Boys are expected to maintain a conservative, clean looking, tapered haircut.
- Hair is not to be over the ears or shirt collar and must be above the eyebrows.
- Hair must be natural in color.
- Beards and mustaches are not permitted.
- Shoes are to be tied in the intended manner.
- Modesty is the key thought in appearance at FBCA.
- If girls wear jewelry, it should be conservative in style.
- Earrings are to be restricted to two in each ear.
- No other visible piercings allowed.
- Hoop earrings are not to be greater than one inch in diameter or length.
- No more than two necklaces are to be worn at one time.
- No sparkle / glitter type of make-up is permitted.
- Shoes must be tied in the intended manner.
- Hair must be natural in color.